We rise to the challenge, own our actions, always work together & respect self and others.
HOME OF THE TIGERS!
As a school we are committed to supporting and caring for all of our learners throughout their elementary school years. Our students learn and grow academically and socially during their time at Theiss through individualized academic goal setting and a continuous focus on character education.
In 1846, the same year Texas became part of the United States, Johann Heinrich Theiss arrived in Indianola with his wife Katherina Theiss and four children. The family was from Bottenhorn, Germany, about 100 miles from Frankfurt. Johann purchased 200 acres of land near Rosehill for $1.00 per acre. Besides farming, Johann and his sons also found work as builders. Many of the homes in the area were built by them.
The house Henry built for his family is still standing and is now part of the Tomball Museum Complex. In 1850, Henry and his son John became founders of Salem Lutheran Church. Henry’s oldest son, Jacob Theiss, moved his family to the Klein area in 1854, purchasing 557 acres of land for $700. Jacob and his wife Elizabeth had ten children. In 1874, Jacob was one of the founders of Trinity Lutheran Church.